Monday, 8 December 2008
Its been pretty damn hot the last week. I have been putting both our main air conditioner and Elka's nursery air conditioner on most days, despite my moral and environmental objections to air conditioners (cant stand how wasteful people are locking themselves in hourses with air con blasting. Side note - yes we do have air con but our house came with the 5 air conditioners, we didnt install them and we rarely use them.)

But anyway its been stinking! And for those our us without air cons on this farm must resort to other methods to cool off - for example the water bowl ;)

3 comments:

Girly-Girl said...

Don't come to Singapore! This is the land of air-cons!!

Simone said...

how cute of the bird to cool off. we have the heating on. brrrrr.

Amy said...

Oh Gwen - I cant imagine living in Singapore without it! Dont worry its more people here who build huge houses with non-opening windows and no verandahs or eaves that irk me. If people built houses designed for the climate it would be much better!

hehe Simone - have a hot choc for me. :)

About Me

My Photo
Amy
I am 30 years old, am a microbiologist with a PhD and love looking after my little farm. I compete in dressage and showjumping with my horses. I have a passion for shopping and a weakness for pretty clothes, shoes and handbags. My husband and I have a gorgeous toddler called Elka and a little bub named Bronte. I am a mother who works and has a career - just don't call me a "working mother". I don't do inside hobbies and craft and have only successfully sewn two things in my life that weren't ripped horserugs. The scientist in me makes me a little cynical and I am more likely to tell you about my life and events then give you a pretty polaroid style picture and an inspiring quote. Not for everyone but I have a bad memory and blogging is my way of recording life :)
View my complete profile

Blogs I Love

Followers

I'm a Blog This member
inspiring and connecting with Australian Bloggers.

Photobucket

Spech and I

Spech and I