Monday, 8 November 2010
Wow finding it a little hard to believe that I now have a 5 month old! But she is!
Bronte has had a big few weeks - she is eating solids and ADORES food. She screams and grunts and grabs if you don't feed her fast enough and heaven help you if you run out of food before she is satisfied! She is eating rice cereal, pumpkin, sweet potato, potato, zucchini, peas, apples, pears, bananas, prunes and rusks so far. She has 3 meals a day and they are huge meals.
She is very content and has started sleeping through the night again - hurrah! In fact she is sleeping from 7pm until 6-6.30am - brilliant! She also does lovely big 2 hour day sleeps, typically two. She doesn't cry at all about going to bed - she smiles when she gets put in the cot, grabs her bunny comforter and rolls to her side and drops off silently to sleep. Bliss. When she wakes she turns a 90 degree turn so that she can put her feet up on the side of the cot and kicks away squealing and chatting to herself until someone gets up her up. Very cute.
She is starting to try to sit up alone but is pretty wobbly and has a way to go yet. She is a big giggler and loves being gently thrown up and down. She cracks huge endless open mouthed grins at the sight of her Dad or Elka. She still loves her bath and starts wiggling excitedly when she hears the water get turned on.
She loves her activity centre and will sit in it for ages banging her toys and playing the little piano and shrieking with excitement. She loves her soft red ball and also prefers eating the books I read to her rather than listening.
Her two lower front teeth are sitting up as prominant ridges under the gum and are driving her mad.. She chews frantically on anything and we have had a few episodes of pain and screaming that some Bonjella and panadol have sorted out. Seems she might be like her sister and cut her two lower teeth at the same time at around 6 months old.
She has also been fitted with her hearing aids. She has been a trooper with them and seems to quite like getting them on and hearing me ask if she can hear me better - she cracks up. She seems a little more responsive with them in but its still early days to be able to tell much.
And finally - my update. 5 months post bub and I am increasingly getting my body back. I still have a tendency to bloat and get a pot belly by the end of the day as my stomach muscles are not as strong and tight as they used to be - but I am working on them! Other than that I am 2kgs off my lightest ever weight (which was my pre-Bronte pregnancy weight), so in other words I am more than happy with my body's recovery and not fussed about loosing any more weight - more just continueing with the toning thanks to pilates and horseriding (and the non stop physical work on our house extension and gardens!)
5 months post 2nd baby
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Amy
- I am 30 years old, am a microbiologist with a PhD and love looking after my little farm. I compete in dressage and showjumping with my horses. I have a passion for shopping and a weakness for pretty clothes, shoes and handbags. My husband and I have a gorgeous toddler called Elka and a little bub named Bronte. I am a mother who works and has a career - just don't call me a "working mother". I don't do inside hobbies and craft and have only successfully sewn two things in my life that weren't ripped horserugs. The scientist in me makes me a little cynical and I am more likely to tell you about my life and events then give you a pretty polaroid style picture and an inspiring quote. Not for everyone but I have a bad memory and blogging is my way of recording life :)
Blogs I Love
-
-
-
The blog is closing5 months ago
-
Mr Squiggle, Canberra7 months ago
-
Hungry Hippos!1 year ago
-
RAFFLE4 years ago
-
-
Eleven6 years ago
-
-
-
-
-
Blue And White Kitchen Cabinets8 years ago
-
-
-
Dress and coat9 years ago
-
-
35 weeks, 35 books10 years ago
-
DIY \\ Giant pom pom chunky knit hat10 years ago
-
2015 – The Wrap10 years ago
-
Week 50 7.12 – 13.1110 years ago
-
Week 510 years ago
-
Welcome to Matilda's Life Stories...10 years ago
-
-
Road Wars (2015) Online streaming10 years ago
-
Cherchez la femme — Feminism and Birth11 years ago
-
-
teneal-thegirlmostlikely11 years ago
-
looking up11 years ago
-
Den længste dag (1962) Fuld Film Streaming11 years ago
-
The year with the Royal Family 201411 years ago
-
-
Best Wall Paint Colour Ireland11 years ago
-
2 years since my last update!11 years ago
-
Art Walk12 years ago
-
Europe Magic12 years ago
-
Lime Cheesecake in the Raw12 years ago
-
Close to two years on ...12 years ago
-
White Out12 years ago
-
Cheap Backpacks12 years ago
-
-
Metaphors are fun13 years ago
-
-
This is 4 and 11/12's: The Tooth Fairy13 years ago
-
Of Vice and Frenchmen13 years ago
-
Happy New Year!13 years ago
-
Christmas flea & a new venture...13 years ago
-
Life gets in the way13 years ago
-
Archer's Christening13 years ago
-
-
I know I am biased ....13 years ago
-
she had to get out14 years ago
-
Shopaholic14 years ago
-
Turning Thirty14 years ago
-
Miss Goodie Two Shoes custom orders14 years ago
-
-
Garden Mojo14 years ago
-
-
I confess...15 years ago
-
The time came15 years ago
-
stylish blogger award15 years ago
-
2010 Aria Awards Red Carpet15 years ago
-
You are in the wrong spot!15 years ago
-
Up, up and away!16 years ago
-
-
what a great day!16 years ago
-
Internet Habits16 years ago
-
Sorry.16 years ago
-
Where Am I??16 years ago
-
19 Minutes ... And counting!16 years ago
-
Grand Final Fever!16 years ago
-
Every once in a while . . .17 years ago
-
Happy 1st Birthday!17 years ago
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

3 comments:
Oh Bronte is growing so quickly. She looks lovely with her hearing aids and she is definetely a good girl wearing them - wish my ones would keep them in so well!! Soon she will have a pink set I bet. Can't wait to see the blog post with the extension finished
You look fantastic Amy. You are such an inspiration.
Hope that the little hearing aids help her out, and people aren't too nosy when they see them perched behind her ears.
Amy you look fabulous! And Bronte sounds like she is just an absolute delight :)
Post a Comment