Monday, 2 January 2012
Seriously who springs a hens night, nay a COSTUME hens night on someone 5 days before it is scheduled?! 

That is what has happened to me - its interstate and requires dressing up in 1920's theme. Feel free to throw suggestions my way. I might also point out I go back to work tomorrow and I have zilch free time or shopping hours. Soooo at this stage I am thinking of wearing a column shaped beaded lack dress with long beads, a beaded headband with some feathers and some stacked black heels that do up with a button and channel the 20's somewhat.. thank god I already have a bob haircut hehe


Mild annoyance at dropping a themed party in my lap on my last day of holidays aside, I am am muchly looking forward to a cocktail party and girls night out dancing. I am guessing I am going to need a few drinks after this week back at work nursing my damaged finger and a huge workload....

The holidays were brilliant and I am almost feeling recharged but also a little sick at thinking how much needs to be achieved in the next couple of months, not to mention the fact that Jase is acting in his bosses position for the next few weeks so he will be working ridiculous hours. No easing into this year it seems!

3 comments:

CAM said...

Oooooo, I'd be livid, I hate a costume party at the best of times, coming up with something last minute would drive me mental. I think it sounds like you have it well covered though - enjoy the night :)

Sars said...

Haha i know, crazy hey. Im home again then so can't make it, hope its a fun night though!

See you in a few weeks at the big day :)

Mammamusing said...

How inconsiderate!

Although it is a fun theme so I'm kinda envious.

You're just about sorted with the bob. Add a head band worn over your forehead and not your head. Team with a simple black shift dress and ropes of pearls and voila 20's(ish)

Have fun!

About Me

My Photo
Amy
I am 30 years old, am a microbiologist with a PhD and love looking after my little farm. I compete in dressage and showjumping with my horses. I have a passion for shopping and a weakness for pretty clothes, shoes and handbags. My husband and I have a gorgeous toddler called Elka and a little bub named Bronte. I am a mother who works and has a career - just don't call me a "working mother". I don't do inside hobbies and craft and have only successfully sewn two things in my life that weren't ripped horserugs. The scientist in me makes me a little cynical and I am more likely to tell you about my life and events then give you a pretty polaroid style picture and an inspiring quote. Not for everyone but I have a bad memory and blogging is my way of recording life :)
View my complete profile

Blogs I Love

Followers

I'm a Blog This member
inspiring and connecting with Australian Bloggers.

Photobucket

Spech and I

Spech and I