Friday, 20 January 2012
Why do they make me so happy?! Buying clothes is a satisfying experience but a shoe purchase leaves me cheery for the rest of the day...

I have a wedding coming up - a beach wedding that involves a weekend away (a kid free weekend - smile). I have a great Cue dress, my husband provided the jewellery (see an earlier post), my hairdresser is booked for the day before and so that left the shoes...

The dress is white with red lines and it just demands red shoes - hot red shoes. Confession - I actually bought some gorgeous diamante white flats from Forever New for the beach ceremony but decided that I just had to have hot heels as well. So I bravely took the two girls to DFO today and had one of those good shopping days.




And yes I hit the Diana Ferrari sale. 30-50% off already discounted prices - love. And look at these little sweeties I got.


Terrible photo - I really need a full length mirror to go with my snazzy walk in robe (hint hint awesome-husband-who-reads-my-blog)


Now I just couldn't not buy these SO comfortable clogs either - perfect for our up-coming holiday to Cairns/Great Barrier Reef, and $15 down from $130 - cha-ching! So I had to buy them in tan too ;)
Special mention to Forever New as they were packed with bargains of the dress variety that I managed to resist. But I did weaken and buy a lovely kaftan patterned top for $20 down from $99 - practially a necessity for the approaching two beach getaways.

Love new shoes. Love life.

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Gorgeous red shoes!

CAM said...

I am seriously having shoe envy. LOVE them. And love that they don't have that insane high heel on them...just a 'normal' high heel...I can't do the super high ones, they cripple me ;)

Anonymous said...

gorgeous! and I think you wore the clog ones yesterday but again I didn't notice until I looked at photos lol bad me.

Was this airport DFO? I must go to the wrong stores. Nothing on super sale when I was there a week and a half ago :/ Though still happy with J's $35 new balance lol

Amy said...

Thanks!

Cam- exactly! They aren't super high but still sexy :)

Amy - good noticing, I did wear the black ones to your party and they were so comfy :)

Rat Baker said...

These are all very excellent purchases!

About Me

My Photo
Amy
I am 30 years old, am a microbiologist with a PhD and love looking after my little farm. I compete in dressage and showjumping with my horses. I have a passion for shopping and a weakness for pretty clothes, shoes and handbags. My husband and I have a gorgeous toddler called Elka and a little bub named Bronte. I am a mother who works and has a career - just don't call me a "working mother". I don't do inside hobbies and craft and have only successfully sewn two things in my life that weren't ripped horserugs. The scientist in me makes me a little cynical and I am more likely to tell you about my life and events then give you a pretty polaroid style picture and an inspiring quote. Not for everyone but I have a bad memory and blogging is my way of recording life :)
View my complete profile

Blogs I Love

Followers

I'm a Blog This member
inspiring and connecting with Australian Bloggers.

Photobucket

Spech and I

Spech and I