Tuesday, 1 February 2011
Sometimes the clothes gods smile on you and you stumble across the most flattering item of clothing in a random store for a great price.

I have had this happen a few times - the cut, the fabric, the style is just all perfect for me and I wear it to death.

And it is rarely the expensive item that I have splurged on.

In fact my current randomly awesome item was a $15 white singlet top with a cross over lace neckline and straps. It just fits and falls and looks fresh and summery whilst looking elegant. Everytime I team it with an outfit, and it looks great with little flippy summer skirts and a leather belt, I shake my head in wonder. It must have just meant to have been as its from Big W and I don't think I have ever bought clothes from there before or gone actively shopping. It was just one of those fluke things. And they are my favourite happy occurrances in fashion and shopping.

Do you have a favourite item of clothing that you randomly stumbled across?

2 comments:

Mel said...

Ooh love the sound of that top! my fave is a loose fitting black top with double layered cap sleeves that I'm actually wearing at work today! Love that it falls nicely, goes with anything, and was in Jacqui E which I would not have usually gone into because I've never found anything in their store that both fit and suited me before (and that was in my price range!). This top was $60 but is oh so worth it - especially because I just wash and hang it on a coathanger - no ironing needed!

Sarah said...

Hello Big W ... just got a GREAT $14 tshirt from there on Friday. Doesn't some aussie designer do their clothes now anyway.

About Me

My Photo
Amy
I am 30 years old, am a microbiologist with a PhD and love looking after my little farm. I compete in dressage and showjumping with my horses. I have a passion for shopping and a weakness for pretty clothes, shoes and handbags. My husband and I have a gorgeous toddler called Elka and a little bub named Bronte. I am a mother who works and has a career - just don't call me a "working mother". I don't do inside hobbies and craft and have only successfully sewn two things in my life that weren't ripped horserugs. The scientist in me makes me a little cynical and I am more likely to tell you about my life and events then give you a pretty polaroid style picture and an inspiring quote. Not for everyone but I have a bad memory and blogging is my way of recording life :)
View my complete profile

Blogs I Love

Followers

I'm a Blog This member
inspiring and connecting with Australian Bloggers.

Photobucket

Spech and I

Spech and I