Monday, 31 January 2011
I am a bit of a contradiction - I love clothes and make-up and all things girly and pampery. But I am also a bit of an outside rough nut - I love farm work, I feel great working until I am sweaty and I happily muscle around half tonne horses. So often my weekends are a strange juxtaposition of hair straighteners, skirts and shovels and work boots.

This weekend was no different, one minute I was working so hard on dressage training with Spech that I could barely walk for 3 hours after getting off the horse, the next I was at a childs Birthday Party. Sunday morning had me walking the paddock with the kids and Jase spotting koalas and searching for a lost horse boot before spending the day at Palazzo Versace dolled up having High Tea.

And it was all great! I feel blessed that my life is so varied and full of everything that makes my heart sing.

And Miss Elka is very much the same - she is a rough little boofa who loves lizards and stomping through the paddock in her boots. But when she saw me dressed up and ready to leave for my girls day out, she raced off to my walk in robe and came back "just like Mum". Oh and she is a killer walker in heels too - she has been practicing since she was 12 months old.


10 comments:

Lish said...

I can't believe how grown up Elka is looking! When is she turning 3?

Leesa said...

You both look so gorgeous!
Your high tea sounds fabulous!!

Karla said...

Well rounded! How cute is Elka in those heels?! Is it bad I have a similar pic of Ryan who is particularly partial to my red heels? lol

posie blogs Jennie McClelland said...

I love it, it means you know how to dress up but also how to be useful in the garden, good for you!! Love Posie

Unknown said...

Sounds like a perfectly balanced life and a great example for Elka. She is totally rockin those heels!

Mel said...

Sounds like the perfect weekend! You know I'm like you Amy - can't wait to get my hands dirty renovating our place and re-working the garden, but love getting dressed up every now and then - moreso these days for work as well - gone are the dress shirts and suits, I'm now wearing skirts and lovely tops and bling. ;)
Oh and yes, I have a photo of Liam wearing my heels too! Out of all my shoes, my two make a beeline for the heels - especially when I have my stilleto boots out in winter!

Amy said...

Gorgeous!! :)

I love how kids imitate, although I can hurt sometimes- my son, from 10 months old, could wear my heels, put my handbag over his shoulder and would then wave goodbye. Ouch!! :)

britt@absolutealaia said...

You look beautiful Amy & Elka looks so cute x

sharon said...

I live in western qld, and go from one extreme to the other - daggy and dirty out in the garden/paddock or cattle yards and then shower and off to town the next! My kids are the same, they love to come and help, but they love getting dressed up as well - makes any occasion that getting dressed in "good clothes" special!

Mammamusing said...

Ahh a little girly girl. How adorable is Elka?!

Amelie is just as adept with tottering around in my heels.

Dress ups are so sweet.

About Me

My Photo
Amy
I am 30 years old, am a microbiologist with a PhD and love looking after my little farm. I compete in dressage and showjumping with my horses. I have a passion for shopping and a weakness for pretty clothes, shoes and handbags. My husband and I have a gorgeous toddler called Elka and a little bub named Bronte. I am a mother who works and has a career - just don't call me a "working mother". I don't do inside hobbies and craft and have only successfully sewn two things in my life that weren't ripped horserugs. The scientist in me makes me a little cynical and I am more likely to tell you about my life and events then give you a pretty polaroid style picture and an inspiring quote. Not for everyone but I have a bad memory and blogging is my way of recording life :)
View my complete profile

Blogs I Love

Followers

I'm a Blog This member
inspiring and connecting with Australian Bloggers.

Photobucket

Spech and I

Spech and I