Monday, 10 January 2011
So its only four weeks until I head back to work. I have decided to go back three days a week (last time I started at two days a week but it was a waste of time for experiments as you need more days to get most done).
I am mentally ready - I am stircrazy in the house and looking forward to the new challenges I will have of heading an entire lab section (made up of full time staf whilst I am part time - that will be a juggle!).
I have the girls booked into daycare three days a week from next week so that I can ease them into the routine. It will be a big adjust for Bronte as she is very orientated around me and has only just started letting other people babysit her. But I will spend the first couple of days either with her or just leaving her for a few hours. Will also ensure that I am emotionally equiped for the long work days as I will have adjusted to having the girls away from me after an intense 9 months of living and breathing them.
Work also means lovely clothes - I like to put effort into my work outfits even though I am a Scientist and tucked away in lab wearing lab coats! I have hit up Cue for a cute dress and I am on the hunt for a nice new tailored jacket in dark charcoal or black. I am actually quite partial to the Target work clothes - they have cute designs for great prices. So seeing that they had 20% off work clothes this week, I headed in and grabbed a cute tuxedo styled blouse with ribbon belt and a stylish little pattern dress (pic below) - it looks great on actually, the band around the waist is great for emphasising and cinching in ;)

Next on the list are some leather shoes - I don't wear heels as we are on our feet racing around ALL day and we are required to wear covered toe shoes in case of spills etc so I tend to wear ballet flats. But I did spy some gorgeous padded leather black shoes with a bow on the toe (I am a sucker for bows!) and a teeny sweet heel that I think I could definitely wear and be comfortable. They are on my hit list ;)
Oh and did I mention that with the two kids in daycare for the three weeks before I go back to work, I have lots of child free pampering planned. When else will I get the chance to have the kids in care and days to myself!? So I am planning mani/pedi's, a massage, shopping... oh and a few long days at home doing house painting and farm work of course! But bring it on!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Amy
- I am 30 years old, am a microbiologist with a PhD and love looking after my little farm. I compete in dressage and showjumping with my horses. I have a passion for shopping and a weakness for pretty clothes, shoes and handbags. My husband and I have a gorgeous toddler called Elka and a little bub named Bronte. I am a mother who works and has a career - just don't call me a "working mother". I don't do inside hobbies and craft and have only successfully sewn two things in my life that weren't ripped horserugs. The scientist in me makes me a little cynical and I am more likely to tell you about my life and events then give you a pretty polaroid style picture and an inspiring quote. Not for everyone but I have a bad memory and blogging is my way of recording life :)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2011
(113)
-
▼
January
(18)
- Girliness on my terms
- Boganesque
- Blazing into work
- Bronte's room
- Hot or Not
- So we got something done before the floods..
- The cheats way to a delicious cake...
- Could she be any more gorgeous?
- The day Miss B started school
- Crime and Punishment
- Not sure who got the bigger scare!
- Wow
- Tragic is the only word I really have at the moment
- Getting ready
- 7 things you probably had no clue about me...
- On a tangent
- Two years can go like that!
- Moving forward but taking a moment to look back...
-
▼
January
(18)
Blogs I Love
-
-
-
The blog is closing5 months ago
-
Mr Squiggle, Canberra7 months ago
-
Hungry Hippos!1 year ago
-
RAFFLE4 years ago
-
-
Eleven6 years ago
-
-
-
-
-
Blue And White Kitchen Cabinets8 years ago
-
-
-
Dress and coat9 years ago
-
-
35 weeks, 35 books10 years ago
-
DIY \\ Giant pom pom chunky knit hat10 years ago
-
2015 – The Wrap10 years ago
-
Week 50 7.12 – 13.1110 years ago
-
Week 510 years ago
-
Welcome to Matilda's Life Stories...10 years ago
-
-
Road Wars (2015) Online streaming10 years ago
-
Cherchez la femme — Feminism and Birth11 years ago
-
-
teneal-thegirlmostlikely11 years ago
-
looking up11 years ago
-
Den længste dag (1962) Fuld Film Streaming11 years ago
-
The year with the Royal Family 201411 years ago
-
-
Best Wall Paint Colour Ireland11 years ago
-
2 years since my last update!11 years ago
-
Art Walk12 years ago
-
Europe Magic12 years ago
-
Lime Cheesecake in the Raw12 years ago
-
Close to two years on ...12 years ago
-
White Out12 years ago
-
Cheap Backpacks12 years ago
-
-
Metaphors are fun13 years ago
-
-
This is 4 and 11/12's: The Tooth Fairy13 years ago
-
Of Vice and Frenchmen13 years ago
-
Happy New Year!13 years ago
-
Christmas flea & a new venture...13 years ago
-
Life gets in the way13 years ago
-
Archer's Christening13 years ago
-
-
I know I am biased ....13 years ago
-
she had to get out14 years ago
-
Shopaholic14 years ago
-
Turning Thirty14 years ago
-
Miss Goodie Two Shoes custom orders14 years ago
-
-
Garden Mojo14 years ago
-
-
I confess...15 years ago
-
The time came15 years ago
-
stylish blogger award15 years ago
-
2010 Aria Awards Red Carpet15 years ago
-
You are in the wrong spot!15 years ago
-
Up, up and away!16 years ago
-
-
what a great day!16 years ago
-
Internet Habits16 years ago
-
Sorry.16 years ago
-
Where Am I??16 years ago
-
19 Minutes ... And counting!16 years ago
-
Grand Final Fever!16 years ago
-
Every once in a while . . .17 years ago
-
Happy 1st Birthday!17 years ago
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

8 comments:
I'm so jealous for several reasons: 1. you can wear that style of clothes (my boobs haven't gone down after having the kids, and given I'm still carrying some 'baby fat' they don't look any good on me - I tend to hit Target up and this year I've been more into Jacqui E (at DFO of course) for their tops for work. And 2. that you have that time to yourself! Since having Liam I haven't had that much time to myself and I would almost kill for it! Ashleigh and I had 2 days to get her used to daycare before she went in fulltime, and the Christmas break we've just had is the first 'holiday' I've had in over 9 months - and you really can't call it a 'holiday' when Damo was still working and I had two kids on my own while it was raining! I need a holiday to recover from my holiday! LOL. I hope it all goes well for you and Bronte adjusts though - I'm sure they'll be fine. :)
wow, it seems like only yesterday you were posting Bronte's birth story! I can't believe time goes so quickly.
Your next three weeks sound delicious, you deserve it!
I agree. It feels just like yesterday you had Bronte. She has grown up so fast.
I love love love that dress! We have the same style and like to shop at the same places! Only difference is I need to shift this baby weight to be able to fit in these clothes lol Hopefully before I go back to work later this year I will be able to fit into all my work clothes again.
Your weeks leading up to returning back to work sounds lovely!
Oh have fun playing dress ups again. I was a pharmacologist, but after 9+ years at home around 4 children, who are now in high school to year 2, i just couldn't go back to a lab coat, unless i made one in amazing fabric. Have fun putting your wardrobe back together & collecting accessories. Love Posie
At least you get to wear nice clothes under your labcoat.
As a physio most days I have to wear a fetching polo shirt that makes me look like I'm 15 (esp combined with my hair pulled back).
I hope the transition into childcare goes well for little Bronte (well not so little anymore!).
I too am jealous of the kind of clothes that you can wear - but I am hoping by July that I will be at my goal weight - fingers crossed!
Love this dress, how did you go with the shoes? Hope you are safe and dry x
I have nominated you for a Stylish Blogger Award, visit my blog to see what this entails…
http://sofrenchy-sochic.blogspot.com/2011/01/look-at-me-im-stylish.html
Good luck with the weight loss Alicia!
Gosh thanks for the nice comments guys :)
Sofrenchy - haven't go the shoes yet... will get around to it though! Thanks heaps for the award :)
xo
Post a Comment