Saturday, 8 January 2011
A big thank you to Kerry at the Haphazard Blogger for nominating me for the Stylish Blogger Award.


The requested tasks are as follows:

* Thank and link back to the person who gave me this award.
* Share 7 things about myself.
* Pay it forward to 15 recently discovered great bloggers.
* Contact those bloggers and tell them about the award.



1. I had never properly held a newborn baby before my own and (still) will only hold other people's babies if they really want me to. My mum was seriously concerned that I didn't have any maternal instinct. Fortunately, I love holding my own little ones.

2. I have an addiction to Manchester, I could spend ridiculous amounts of money on bedding and I actively avoid stores so I don't have to face temptation. The Pillow Talk catalogue is my favourite junk mail.

3. I love fashion and even as a poor student put a lot of effort into my outfits and make-up. I can't understand how some people can not care about their appearances at all. I even put (light) make-up on to just go out pick up milk from our local village with the kids. Murphys Law has of course resulted in the times I don't being the times I run into everyone in the district I know. I also blow dried my hair whilst in labour with Elka so that it looked "nice" when I got to hospital... I also straightened my hair less than 10 hours after giving birth both times despite passing out from standing up. Hmmm starting to think perhaps its me with the problem and not the people that don't put effort in!

4. I don't feel guilt for working despite having young children and the fact that we could live without my salary. I love my career and it is part of me.

5. I learnt to drive a manual car at age eight and everyday my brother and I would drive our farm car one km up our driveway to catch the primary school bus. We would leave the key under the pillow we used as a booster... We also only really locked two of the eight exterior doors in our house if we went out and we all slept with our bedroom glass sliding doors open... I miss feeling that safe. (Although that said, one very early morning some old biddies who were completely lost but thought they knew where they were, drove into our farm, wandered past our guard dog and opened my glass door and came into my bedroom nattering away and scaring the life out of me as a sleeping eight year old!)

6. I have trouble getting some of the blogs I follow to come up in my updated list of new posts so I often miss visiting blogs of fantastic people that read and comment on my blog and it frustrates me endlessly.

7. When I was on Schoolies, I drank something ridiculous like 13 shots of tequila in the one night (obviously the official final number got a little blurry!), when I went to bed I read a book for an hour or so to feel sleepy (!) and remembered most of what I read. I also woke less than 4 hours later with no hangover and went for a 2km jog. I miss being young, invincible and stupid sometimes.

as for tagging 15 people - arrggh I have had two glasses of wine so am lacking motivation and most bloggers I read seem to have already been tagged, so I am just picking two - Sarah and Mel :)

2 comments:

Deb said...

Oops! I have been guilty of forcing my baby on you :)

a country wife said...

Hee hee Amy, I straightened my hair and applied makeup at 5am on the morning I was scheduled to have Mathilda. It doesn't matter where you are or what you're doing, I agree you have to look good!

xx

About Me

My Photo
Amy
I am 30 years old, am a microbiologist with a PhD and love looking after my little farm. I compete in dressage and showjumping with my horses. I have a passion for shopping and a weakness for pretty clothes, shoes and handbags. My husband and I have a gorgeous toddler called Elka and a little bub named Bronte. I am a mother who works and has a career - just don't call me a "working mother". I don't do inside hobbies and craft and have only successfully sewn two things in my life that weren't ripped horserugs. The scientist in me makes me a little cynical and I am more likely to tell you about my life and events then give you a pretty polaroid style picture and an inspiring quote. Not for everyone but I have a bad memory and blogging is my way of recording life :)
View my complete profile

Blogs I Love

Followers

I'm a Blog This member
inspiring and connecting with Australian Bloggers.

Photobucket

Spech and I

Spech and I