Friday, 28 January 2011
Nothing makes you feel more bogan than a sick baby. A snotty nosed child on your hip makes it so hard to feel anything but. Especially because they are normally super clingy so you can't even brush your hair.
That was me yesterday. Poor Miss Bronte has a lovely runny nose and a chest infection. So she even sounds like a sick little munchkin coughing her lungs up. Of course she has been to the Dr, she is on medication and being cared for but it doesn't stop you looking as a parent-child combination a little sub-par!
So while Jase was getting his haircut yesterday at a pretty bogan-heavy shopping centre, I was desperately pushing the pram around nearby shops to try and keep Elka from launching herself out in boredom. Poor little Miss Bronte had devoured a biscuit and was snuffling away on my hip. I decided to look through the jewellery stores as my Mum wants me to pick out a watch for my 30th gift. After the second store, I realised I wasn;t being jumped on to be served as soon as I paused to look in a counter like usual. I then stopped and took a little mental look up and down at myself and decided if I worked on comission I probably wouldnt be rushing to serve me either!
I hadn't had time to change from the clothes I was wearing when I washed the horse float earlier that day, when Elka had "helped" me which had basically resulted in my front getting flicked with green mouldy soapy water. I hadn't brushed my hair since desperately pushing my head through some bushes to shoo the chickens out of hiding so they could be locked in their night shed. The facial I had the other day included a chemical peel that my face is still recovering from (think red and blotchy) Elka had pulled her shoes off and was trying to sit backwards in the pram that is stained from all the mud we have been negoiating in the last couple of flood-prone months and as the piece de resistance, Bronte had merged biscuit mush around her face with snot dripping from her nose into a brown/yellow paste over her face.
I am a determined shopper at the best of times, but I thought it best to lay low and went and stood meekly to the side of the hairdressers to wait for Jase.
I normally like to think as a Mum I have my shit together, but damn a sick baby can throw a spanner in the works!
That was me yesterday. Poor Miss Bronte has a lovely runny nose and a chest infection. So she even sounds like a sick little munchkin coughing her lungs up. Of course she has been to the Dr, she is on medication and being cared for but it doesn't stop you looking as a parent-child combination a little sub-par!
So while Jase was getting his haircut yesterday at a pretty bogan-heavy shopping centre, I was desperately pushing the pram around nearby shops to try and keep Elka from launching herself out in boredom. Poor little Miss Bronte had devoured a biscuit and was snuffling away on my hip. I decided to look through the jewellery stores as my Mum wants me to pick out a watch for my 30th gift. After the second store, I realised I wasn;t being jumped on to be served as soon as I paused to look in a counter like usual. I then stopped and took a little mental look up and down at myself and decided if I worked on comission I probably wouldnt be rushing to serve me either!
I hadn't had time to change from the clothes I was wearing when I washed the horse float earlier that day, when Elka had "helped" me which had basically resulted in my front getting flicked with green mouldy soapy water. I hadn't brushed my hair since desperately pushing my head through some bushes to shoo the chickens out of hiding so they could be locked in their night shed. The facial I had the other day included a chemical peel that my face is still recovering from (think red and blotchy) Elka had pulled her shoes off and was trying to sit backwards in the pram that is stained from all the mud we have been negoiating in the last couple of flood-prone months and as the piece de resistance, Bronte had merged biscuit mush around her face with snot dripping from her nose into a brown/yellow paste over her face.
I am a determined shopper at the best of times, but I thought it best to lay low and went and stood meekly to the side of the hairdressers to wait for Jase.
I normally like to think as a Mum I have my shit together, but damn a sick baby can throw a spanner in the works!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Amy
- I am 30 years old, am a microbiologist with a PhD and love looking after my little farm. I compete in dressage and showjumping with my horses. I have a passion for shopping and a weakness for pretty clothes, shoes and handbags. My husband and I have a gorgeous toddler called Elka and a little bub named Bronte. I am a mother who works and has a career - just don't call me a "working mother". I don't do inside hobbies and craft and have only successfully sewn two things in my life that weren't ripped horserugs. The scientist in me makes me a little cynical and I am more likely to tell you about my life and events then give you a pretty polaroid style picture and an inspiring quote. Not for everyone but I have a bad memory and blogging is my way of recording life :)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2011
(113)
-
▼
January
(18)
- Girliness on my terms
- Boganesque
- Blazing into work
- Bronte's room
- Hot or Not
- So we got something done before the floods..
- The cheats way to a delicious cake...
- Could she be any more gorgeous?
- The day Miss B started school
- Crime and Punishment
- Not sure who got the bigger scare!
- Wow
- Tragic is the only word I really have at the moment
- Getting ready
- 7 things you probably had no clue about me...
- On a tangent
- Two years can go like that!
- Moving forward but taking a moment to look back...
-
▼
January
(18)
Blogs I Love
-
-
-
The blog is closing5 months ago
-
Mr Squiggle, Canberra7 months ago
-
Hungry Hippos!1 year ago
-
RAFFLE4 years ago
-
-
Eleven6 years ago
-
-
-
-
-
Blue And White Kitchen Cabinets8 years ago
-
-
-
Dress and coat9 years ago
-
-
35 weeks, 35 books10 years ago
-
DIY \\ Giant pom pom chunky knit hat10 years ago
-
2015 – The Wrap10 years ago
-
Week 50 7.12 – 13.1110 years ago
-
Week 510 years ago
-
Welcome to Matilda's Life Stories...10 years ago
-
-
Road Wars (2015) Online streaming10 years ago
-
Cherchez la femme — Feminism and Birth11 years ago
-
-
teneal-thegirlmostlikely11 years ago
-
looking up11 years ago
-
Den længste dag (1962) Fuld Film Streaming11 years ago
-
The year with the Royal Family 201411 years ago
-
-
Best Wall Paint Colour Ireland11 years ago
-
2 years since my last update!11 years ago
-
Art Walk12 years ago
-
Europe Magic12 years ago
-
Lime Cheesecake in the Raw12 years ago
-
Close to two years on ...12 years ago
-
White Out12 years ago
-
Cheap Backpacks12 years ago
-
-
Metaphors are fun13 years ago
-
-
This is 4 and 11/12's: The Tooth Fairy13 years ago
-
Of Vice and Frenchmen13 years ago
-
Happy New Year!13 years ago
-
Christmas flea & a new venture...13 years ago
-
Life gets in the way13 years ago
-
Archer's Christening13 years ago
-
-
I know I am biased ....13 years ago
-
she had to get out14 years ago
-
Shopaholic14 years ago
-
Turning Thirty14 years ago
-
Miss Goodie Two Shoes custom orders14 years ago
-
-
Garden Mojo14 years ago
-
-
I confess...15 years ago
-
The time came15 years ago
-
stylish blogger award15 years ago
-
2010 Aria Awards Red Carpet15 years ago
-
You are in the wrong spot!15 years ago
-
Up, up and away!16 years ago
-
-
what a great day!16 years ago
-
Internet Habits16 years ago
-
Sorry.16 years ago
-
Where Am I??16 years ago
-
19 Minutes ... And counting!16 years ago
-
Grand Final Fever!16 years ago
-
Every once in a while . . .17 years ago
-
Happy 1st Birthday!17 years ago
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

5 comments:
Oh dear! But I can't help but giggle at your description - oh dear! But yes, been there done that many a time! Worse when both kids are sick and I'm pushing around a double pram, and people realise that I don't have twins but that they're still very close in age - apparently most 'normal' parents don't have kids within 14mths of each other. ;)
hehehe love it!! Who ever said Motherhood was glamorous was lying!!
Motherhood sure can be glamourous can't it :P
I'm sure we all have those days :)
Oh Amy! We've all had one of those days, believe me!
My little one has a chest infection at the moment too :(
And I'm about to travel to a particularly boganesque shopping centre too to pick up some party supplies, so I may be back with a similar story soon lol.
You poor thing - I'm sure everyone's had those days!
Post a Comment