Wednesday, 12 January 2011

This photo sums up the pain and sorrow I feel about these floods. This is baby Montana being air evacuated out of Forest Hill. She is safe and I am so thankful but she represents to me all the little ones that were in danger like her, tiny and vunerable like her and that didn't make it out of the flood waters in time. The little four year old boy swept to his death as he was trying to be placed in a rescue boat... and all the other heartwrenching stories.

Can you even imagine having to write your baby's names and details on her arm in texta, because you are worried that something could happen to you or her? I got goosebumps just trying to imagine it.

The poor little country kids and animals that have suffered. A sad week for Queensland.

6 comments:

Mel said...

Wow is an understatement - I am at a loss for words. :(

Lish said...

It is awful :( - I too am at a loss for words.

Rosa said...

How gut wrenching. I feel so helpless being over the other side of the country while all my family and friends are in the midst of evacuations and flooding.

Lydia said...

So many of my friends and colleagues have come to me, worried about my family in the floods. The world is definitely watching, saddened by the tragedies in Queensland.

Sars said...

So awful isn't it, breaks your heart hearing all the stories and seeing the footage!!

Hope you guys are nice and dry and arn't blocked in for too long!

Mammamusing said...

I find it so hard to look at that photo without getting really upset.

I know she was rescued but I can't imagine the anguish on her parents face as they wrote on her arm...just in case.

About Me

My Photo
Amy
I am 30 years old, am a microbiologist with a PhD and love looking after my little farm. I compete in dressage and showjumping with my horses. I have a passion for shopping and a weakness for pretty clothes, shoes and handbags. My husband and I have a gorgeous toddler called Elka and a little bub named Bronte. I am a mother who works and has a career - just don't call me a "working mother". I don't do inside hobbies and craft and have only successfully sewn two things in my life that weren't ripped horserugs. The scientist in me makes me a little cynical and I am more likely to tell you about my life and events then give you a pretty polaroid style picture and an inspiring quote. Not for everyone but I have a bad memory and blogging is my way of recording life :)
View my complete profile

Blogs I Love

Followers

I'm a Blog This member
inspiring and connecting with Australian Bloggers.

Photobucket

Spech and I

Spech and I