Thursday, 27 January 2011
I want a blazer for work.. I have a basic grey one, and a brown pinstripe one from a suit set and other than that I am normally huddled in knit cardigans as our air conditioning works overtime to keep the lab full of hideously expensive energy-draining machines cool. And my desk is right under the vents - brrrr! So a cute pretty blazer would be perfect.

There are so many lovely ones around but they don't tend to be less than $150-200 dollars. So I want it to be stylish but also pratical, but not practical in that boring way. So I am being picky and procrastinating a little too!

But Portmans have a few that I think are in the lead..

This one is cute


But this is the current favourite

Loving the nude colours that are in at the moment and the bow waist detail is very cute and quite flattering. Hmmm I really should get in and buy it, I waited too long on the cute work shoes I wanted and they are now sold out in my size :(

WHere else is good for blazers? I haven't been a fan of any of the Cue ones I have seen..

6 comments:

posie blogs Jennie McClelland said...

Country Road always does a good classic blazer, but my tip, if you want a couple, try the outlet places as you never know your luck, style, size etc, you'd be surprised. Even Witchery can do a great cut at a wonderful discount (from their over inflated prices) at times. Good luck!! I used to be a pharmacologist so i feel your pain, sorry, chills. Love Posie

Dana said...

forever new had a couple of nice cute ones but they are short waisted (not great for me and covering upcoming bump). But i got a great one from Dotti for $90 and a couple of other less structured jackets which are super comfy too -Dotti has come suprisingly into vogue for me atm... very weird

Unknown said...

Hard to see the blazers in these images for the silly posturing of the models. I like the first blazer the best

Amy said...

Thanks Posie - I have to agree about the outlets being a good spot for a classic cut at a good price! Love that you understand about lab temps

Ooh I know the Dotti one you are talking about Danes - it is cute!!

Mel said...

Loving the blazer look too Amy!

I've been hitting Jacqui-E at DFO lately, and they've had some really nice little jackets and tops for work. I search everywhere to find styles that suit both my figure and my taste, and they've been the best for me lately.

Good luck with the hunt - if you find something you like I say buy it before its gone! ;)

Mammamusing said...

Oooh great finds!

I'm about to overhaul my professional wardrobe and am also on the hunt for blazers.

I want to pull together a corporate wardrobe without resorting to a uniform style suit.

I did spy a lovely drapey (sp?) blush coloured jacket in Kookai and a little puff sleeve jacket in Cue recently.

About Me

My Photo
Amy
I am 30 years old, am a microbiologist with a PhD and love looking after my little farm. I compete in dressage and showjumping with my horses. I have a passion for shopping and a weakness for pretty clothes, shoes and handbags. My husband and I have a gorgeous toddler called Elka and a little bub named Bronte. I am a mother who works and has a career - just don't call me a "working mother". I don't do inside hobbies and craft and have only successfully sewn two things in my life that weren't ripped horserugs. The scientist in me makes me a little cynical and I am more likely to tell you about my life and events then give you a pretty polaroid style picture and an inspiring quote. Not for everyone but I have a bad memory and blogging is my way of recording life :)
View my complete profile

Blogs I Love

Followers

I'm a Blog This member
inspiring and connecting with Australian Bloggers.

Photobucket

Spech and I

Spech and I