Friday, 3 December 2010
Our family tradition is to have a real Christmas tree. Yesterday my parents delivered ours and we had a gorgeous afternoon decorating the tree with the two littlies. Our decorations are an ecletic mix collected from our time living in Canberra as a childless couple, Canadian decorations from my family over there, gifts from my Christmas obsessed Mum and lots of Baby themed baubles from the last three years. It doesn't all match but it's all our special memories hanging there.



The pine smell makes the house smell cosy and Christmassy to me. They are hard work to cut down, trim to the correct ceiling height and get sitting just right in the pot of soil and stones (and secure enough to withstand puss cat attacks!). But despite the work, I just love our little tradition and I can't imagine having a fake plastic tree, despite the fact that they do look more "perfect" and quite beautiful in their own right.

I love Christmas and all the love and good cheer (I am choosing to ignore the agro and stress people have at the shops!). I hope your Christmas preparations are making you feel contended and excited. xox

3 comments:

Amy said...

Beautiful tree! :)

Lydia said...

Childless or childfree? ;)

That is one festive tree. I bet Elka had lots of fun helping you decorate it.

The Winter Markets have just opened up over here, I can't wait to walk through the snow-covered stalls sipping mulled wine and nibbling on gingerbread.

britt@absolutealaia said...

Oh you are bringing back so many memories of my childhood. Mum always bought a real tree for us and the house smelt divine. We have a fake one but I made sure it looked as close to a real pine as possible.

About Me

My Photo
Amy
I am 30 years old, am a microbiologist with a PhD and love looking after my little farm. I compete in dressage and showjumping with my horses. I have a passion for shopping and a weakness for pretty clothes, shoes and handbags. My husband and I have a gorgeous toddler called Elka and a little bub named Bronte. I am a mother who works and has a career - just don't call me a "working mother". I don't do inside hobbies and craft and have only successfully sewn two things in my life that weren't ripped horserugs. The scientist in me makes me a little cynical and I am more likely to tell you about my life and events then give you a pretty polaroid style picture and an inspiring quote. Not for everyone but I have a bad memory and blogging is my way of recording life :)
View my complete profile

Blogs I Love

Followers

I'm a Blog This member
inspiring and connecting with Australian Bloggers.

Photobucket

Spech and I

Spech and I