Wednesday, 15 December 2010
I have been quite shocked at how rapidly Christmas is approaching and feeling a little sad I am not getting time to revel in it and feel more festive.

So Elka and I spent a lovely half an hour cooking these Christmas Chocolate Balls. They are super easy, really yummy and make you feel Christmassy when you put them out in a pretty red bowl for visitors to eat. They are also great for a toddler to roll in coconut and have fun making.

Hope you are finding the time to soak up a little Christmas joy! xo




Christmas Balls
250g pack of biscuits (I used Choc Ripple)
180g chocolate pieces
395g can of sweetened condensed milk
1.5 cups desiccated coconut
100g red glace cherries chopped


Food process biscuits to fine crumbs
Melt chocolate in microwave on Med-High for 2 mins, stirring every 30 secs
Add chocolate, condensed milk, half cup of coconut and cherries to biscuit crumbs and food process
Place remaining coconut in a bowl.
Roll teaspoons of mix into the coconut and place on tray with baking paper on it.
Refrigerate.

5 comments:

Mel said...

Oh yum! Might have to try these. :)

Leesa said...

OMG YUM!!!
I love this little recipe. Think I might make these next week :)

Helen said...

yummo, gonna have to try your recipe!

britt@absolutealaia said...

Yummmm

Mammamusing said...

These sound so delicious! I'm definitely giving these a try :)

thanks
Kate x

About Me

My Photo
Amy
I am 30 years old, am a microbiologist with a PhD and love looking after my little farm. I compete in dressage and showjumping with my horses. I have a passion for shopping and a weakness for pretty clothes, shoes and handbags. My husband and I have a gorgeous toddler called Elka and a little bub named Bronte. I am a mother who works and has a career - just don't call me a "working mother". I don't do inside hobbies and craft and have only successfully sewn two things in my life that weren't ripped horserugs. The scientist in me makes me a little cynical and I am more likely to tell you about my life and events then give you a pretty polaroid style picture and an inspiring quote. Not for everyone but I have a bad memory and blogging is my way of recording life :)
View my complete profile

Blogs I Love

Followers

I'm a Blog This member
inspiring and connecting with Australian Bloggers.

Photobucket

Spech and I

Spech and I