Monday, 13 December 2010
Hard to believe but my littlest one is now 6 months old. She is still a trickier bub than Elka - she is my "Princess and the Pea" baby - little things tend to annoy her and induce screaming pretty quickly!
But that said, she has become very smiley and giggly and loves to play and be tickled or twirled around. She still adores Elka and beams adoringly at her - if Elka comes close or talks to her, she squeals in excitement and giggles away.
She is still absolutely amazing in her enthusiasm for food. That is my nice way of saying she behaves like a rabid beast if there is food around! She ripped through cling wrap and got a cupcake to her mouth the other day when I was juggling her, a plate of cupcakes and some bags inside. She screams and tantrums if we don't feed her fast enough (and I mean fast!) and heaven help you if you run out of food! She now eats a finger food course, a savoury course and then a sweet course (ie fruit with rice cereal to help fill her up!) at each meal as well as snacks throughout the day and breastfeeds. She currently loves sucking on watermelon, adores milk arrowroots and steamed brocolli and has started eating meat and yoghurt.
She sleeps 12 hours a night from 6.30pm-6.30am and I no longer dreamfeed her during the night. I love getting my nights back to me for sleep :) She has a couple of decent sleeps a day and a nap or two in there as well. The current hot weather is making her extra sleepy. She has just cut her two bottom teeth so we have had a few restless niights but overall besides endless chewing and drooling she has done really well.
She sits up alone and has very good balance now - she can lean far out to reach toys. She doesn't love tummy time now that she can sit but she is good at pushing her body off the the mat now and occasionaly tries to wiggle to reach toys. She is quite vocal, a lot of yelling, squealing and giggling but no "mum-mum" etc yet.
She has slowed down in weight gain but the paeds today said that that was normal. She is 7.3kgs but he commented that she is quite long. He also commented on her pigmentation - she has a delightful orange hue from all the pumpkin and sweet potato she eats. Elka had the same thing at this age I remember!
She loves to dance and "sing" with her sister to music and she loved going to the Wiggles concert the other day. She yelled and clapped her little arms on her legs and just beamed. Very cute! Her favorite toys are balls and plastic keys. She is also quite taken with dolls at the moment - mainly to gouge their eyes and suck their faces which she then tries to do on real babies when she meets them.
She is no longer completely attached to me - she will happily go to Jase and even lets my Mum hold her now. We have had success with her being babysat and she is taking some formula from a bottle. This is all very promising as I awnt to go back to work in Feb and she needs to start daycare familarisation in January. She is smiling a little at strangers now (still cries at some) and even has started the coy burying her head in my shoulder thing.
She is a very cuddly bub (to me) and I do love our cuddles and giggly play times. I am soaking it up - she is my last bub and I know how fast they grow up!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Amy
- I am 30 years old, am a microbiologist with a PhD and love looking after my little farm. I compete in dressage and showjumping with my horses. I have a passion for shopping and a weakness for pretty clothes, shoes and handbags. My husband and I have a gorgeous toddler called Elka and a little bub named Bronte. I am a mother who works and has a career - just don't call me a "working mother". I don't do inside hobbies and craft and have only successfully sewn two things in my life that weren't ripped horserugs. The scientist in me makes me a little cynical and I am more likely to tell you about my life and events then give you a pretty polaroid style picture and an inspiring quote. Not for everyone but I have a bad memory and blogging is my way of recording life :)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2010
(132)
-
▼
December
(13)
- The sales
- Hard to ignore and hard to believe
- Good tidings
- The Christmas ornament fiasco
- Not just the Christmas time of year
- Need some Christmas spirit?
- Miss B's 6 month update
- Sisters
- What is bugging me today
- When you don't get a tomorrow
- Things I have learnt...
- It's beginning to smell alot like Christmas
- My Wish
-
▼
December
(13)
Blogs I Love
-
-
-
The blog is closing5 months ago
-
Mr Squiggle, Canberra7 months ago
-
Hungry Hippos!1 year ago
-
RAFFLE4 years ago
-
-
Eleven6 years ago
-
-
-
-
-
Blue And White Kitchen Cabinets8 years ago
-
-
-
Dress and coat9 years ago
-
-
35 weeks, 35 books10 years ago
-
DIY \\ Giant pom pom chunky knit hat10 years ago
-
2015 – The Wrap10 years ago
-
Week 50 7.12 – 13.1110 years ago
-
Week 510 years ago
-
Welcome to Matilda's Life Stories...10 years ago
-
-
Road Wars (2015) Online streaming10 years ago
-
Cherchez la femme — Feminism and Birth11 years ago
-
-
teneal-thegirlmostlikely11 years ago
-
looking up11 years ago
-
Den længste dag (1962) Fuld Film Streaming11 years ago
-
The year with the Royal Family 201411 years ago
-
-
Best Wall Paint Colour Ireland11 years ago
-
2 years since my last update!11 years ago
-
Art Walk12 years ago
-
Europe Magic12 years ago
-
Lime Cheesecake in the Raw12 years ago
-
Close to two years on ...12 years ago
-
White Out12 years ago
-
Cheap Backpacks12 years ago
-
-
Metaphors are fun13 years ago
-
-
This is 4 and 11/12's: The Tooth Fairy13 years ago
-
Of Vice and Frenchmen13 years ago
-
Happy New Year!13 years ago
-
Christmas flea & a new venture...13 years ago
-
Life gets in the way13 years ago
-
Archer's Christening13 years ago
-
-
I know I am biased ....13 years ago
-
she had to get out14 years ago
-
Shopaholic14 years ago
-
Turning Thirty14 years ago
-
Miss Goodie Two Shoes custom orders14 years ago
-
-
Garden Mojo14 years ago
-
-
I confess...15 years ago
-
The time came15 years ago
-
stylish blogger award15 years ago
-
2010 Aria Awards Red Carpet15 years ago
-
You are in the wrong spot!15 years ago
-
Up, up and away!16 years ago
-
-
what a great day!16 years ago
-
Internet Habits16 years ago
-
Sorry.16 years ago
-
Where Am I??16 years ago
-
19 Minutes ... And counting!16 years ago
-
Grand Final Fever!16 years ago
-
Every once in a while . . .17 years ago
-
Happy 1st Birthday!17 years ago
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

1 comments:
What a lovely update! I love hearing what she's getting up to - reminds me of all the things that Ashleigh got up to at the same age (which was when I moved back down here and returned to work). I was like you - cherishing every moment knowing that Ashleigh was going to be our last child.
And LOL at her being orange pigmented like Elka was - Ashleigh was the same because it was all she would eat!
Can't wait to hear the next update. :)
Post a Comment