Thursday, 30 December 2010
So I confess I hit the Boxing Day sales. As if we hadn't consumed enough throughout the year... oh and I was dreadfully spoilt at Christmas. But my Mum offered to babysit the girls so how could I refuse the chance to wander the shops unhindered. Sure I had to park two blocks from the shopping centre and walk in torrential rain and mud to get there. Sure there crowds like I have never seen, one shop had a red velvet rope line outside it for people to queue to enter. But I had a great time, even when it took me 30 mins to line for a change room in Cue, 15 mins to pay and the dress I bought wasn't even on sale! Jase just shook his head in disbelief at this point.

My review of the sales; I was sadly disappointed in most of my regular clothes shops - Witchery, Forever New, Bardot, Sportsgirl etc hadn't improved on the discounts I was browsing pre-Christmas. I had already seen most of their sale items at those prices and felt no interest in buying them. Cue had some great bargains... but of course as I previously mentioned the dress I fell in love with was firmly full price, typical. But I bought it still.

The best bargains were for Jase with mens suits etc and the ever reliable Myer. They had some great sales and extra discounts for Boxing day only - which made me feel justified in venturing out in the rain rather than staying home and eating turkey sandwiches. We got some lovely Sheridan towel sets at good discounts and 50% off some lovely cotten sheet sets.

But overall the sales were pretty blah and I am taking some time off from shopping in the hope that some new stock in the clothes shops will perk me up in 2011.

Did you get some bargains?

7 comments:

Unknown said...

We got a great bargain on Egyptian cotton gorgeous sheet sets and we both scored new joggers. Hubby also got an awesome deal on a new bodyboard - well worth the crowd negotiating in our case.

Lish said...

No shopping for me - that is my idea of hell!

Sorry that you were disappointed with the sales.

DaniV said...

I bought some exercise clothes (not on sale), I also went to David Jones and bought three lovely Calvin bras and 2 other bras which were not on sale. Oh I almost forgot, we also bought 2 everyday dinnersets.

Amy said...

Chelle - love the sound of the sheets!Didn't know your hubby is a body boarder, my hubby is too, though he doesn't get out much these days.

Alicia - hehe best you avoided them then as it wasn't for the faint hearted ;)

Dani - lo e the sound of the bras, CV bras are so soft and light :)

Kellyansapansa said...

I have managed to stay away from the sales so far, although I confess I have been very tempted!

Mel said...

I wasn't overly impressed either Amy! Still managed to buy some murano glass beads for my Pandora-style bracelet (Prouds sales), and then hit Jacqui E for a stack of new work clothes for me. Like you, the one top that I fell in love with wasn't on sale, but given the other bargains that I bought in the same store (one jacket reduced from $150 to $19.95 - and in my size!) justified the full price purchase.

We also bought a new dining suite and a big-boy bed for Liam, but neither of those were technically on sale - just from one of the local wholesalers, but I figured it was as good a time as any to place the order given they never have sales.

So overall, feeling good with our additions, but yes, a little blah about the sales in general.

a country wife said...

You're a brave girl Amy! I did a little bit (okay, a lot!) of boxing day sale shopping online at Country Road, and must admit the bargains were very good!

I agree that the sales are generally pretty disappointing though. I remember hitting the shops a few years ago and coming home empty handed. The only clothes left after the pre christmas sales were either XS or XL. I think the best bargains in the sales are on whitegoods and manchester.

About Me

My Photo
Amy
I am 30 years old, am a microbiologist with a PhD and love looking after my little farm. I compete in dressage and showjumping with my horses. I have a passion for shopping and a weakness for pretty clothes, shoes and handbags. My husband and I have a gorgeous toddler called Elka and a little bub named Bronte. I am a mother who works and has a career - just don't call me a "working mother". I don't do inside hobbies and craft and have only successfully sewn two things in my life that weren't ripped horserugs. The scientist in me makes me a little cynical and I am more likely to tell you about my life and events then give you a pretty polaroid style picture and an inspiring quote. Not for everyone but I have a bad memory and blogging is my way of recording life :)
View my complete profile

Blogs I Love

Followers

I'm a Blog This member
inspiring and connecting with Australian Bloggers.

Photobucket

Spech and I

Spech and I