Sunday, 5 December 2010
Extending is an eventful process and truly is as emotionally and physically draining as people say it is. However, the best way to survive is to keep your sense of humour. Here is a list of things that taught me to laugh, roll my eyes, shake it off and carry on. I also tried to remind myself, they are the funny stories we will tell for years to come!


Things I learnt:

  • That the building supplies/Tiles/Bathroom stores that provide a kids play area or toys are more likely to get us to stay longer and spend more money. And that taking a toddler tile tile shopping in a swanky shop can end in Jase frantically shoving samples of lino that she has ripped from the display into his pocket and us beating a rapid exit.

  • That inevitably Bronte would wake for an early night feed when I was up a ladder covered in paint. Likewise the morning that the kids are both sleeping in will be the morning that the tradies will arrive early and make the most noise.

  • That Murphys Law will ensure that your blind pet duck will manage to fall down the 2.5 metre deep foundation holes not once but twice.

  • That our handfed Butcher Bird will decide to land in the full paint roller tray and then despite our frantic efforts will fly up onto the brand new green gutters and leave lovely cream footprints all along them.

  • That the one time I didn't put the lid on the 15 litre paint tin securely would occur just before Jase decides to pick it up and shake it back and forth to mix it.

  • That gap filler is useful absolutely everywhere. Best to buy bucketloads of it.

1 comments:

Lydia said...

Poor little duck.

I hope you kept the cute little bird prints along your gutters.

About Me

My Photo
Amy
I am 30 years old, am a microbiologist with a PhD and love looking after my little farm. I compete in dressage and showjumping with my horses. I have a passion for shopping and a weakness for pretty clothes, shoes and handbags. My husband and I have a gorgeous toddler called Elka and a little bub named Bronte. I am a mother who works and has a career - just don't call me a "working mother". I don't do inside hobbies and craft and have only successfully sewn two things in my life that weren't ripped horserugs. The scientist in me makes me a little cynical and I am more likely to tell you about my life and events then give you a pretty polaroid style picture and an inspiring quote. Not for everyone but I have a bad memory and blogging is my way of recording life :)
View my complete profile

Blogs I Love

Followers

I'm a Blog This member
inspiring and connecting with Australian Bloggers.

Photobucket

Spech and I

Spech and I