Wednesday, 25 February 2009
When I celebrated my bday we also celebrated Elka turning 8 months. She has been a busy girl in the last month. She loves to pull herself up to standing and to grab at anything in reach - the bookshelves and the coffee table being favourites.
She plays peek-a-boo with us- holding something up to block her view of us whilst we say "where is Elka?" and then pulling it down with a huge grin as we say "THERE'S Elka!". Its very cute and any bib or dress will do for this game.
Her crawling has gotten faster and she does more of it "properly" as in on her knees rather than commado crawling. She actually likes to crawl-sit-crawl-sit and moves along alot like this.
She is eating lots of fruit as finger food and adores munching on rice cakes. All of her meals contain rice or pasta or some carbohydrate now. She has also started eating tuna in a white sauce (made with formula). She takes a lot of bottles now and drains them rapidly. I am still breastfeeding but when she is away from me she quite happily takes formula.
She has started daycare two days a week and is thriving with it. I am amazed at the new things she comes home doing. In the last week, she now stands in the cot, claps her hands and stands up with barely any support from an inaminent object. She eats and sleeps well there and seems to be loving the company of the other babies. I am very pleased with the carers - it is a very good environment from what I have seen so far.
Elka is continuing with her swimming lessons. She now holds her breath and goes underwater, brave girl! She also kicks and paddles after toys.
She is still a good sleeper - still two day naps of 1.5 hours or so and from 7pm to 7am at night without waking. Though sometime she wakes at 6am and I can hear her chatting to her bunny toy through the baby monitor!
We haven't spotted anymore teeth yet but she seems to be teething again judging by the dirty nappies and finger sucking. Her two top ones have grown long and she now looks like alittle vampire since she is missing the front two.
She still won't say Dad - she loves to chatter about Mum and Bub and she did say Bye to Jase one morning when she was waving goodbye. She gets very excited by the ducks and chickens and feeding the horses elicts happy squeals and kicking legs and waving arms of delight.
Her favourite toys at the moment are her toy phones - she now holds them to her ear like Jase and I do! She also loves her books - she unpacks them all and sits there flipping through them for ages.
She is the happiest little bub with smiles and giggles for everyone. I love caring for her everyday and the best part of my work day is seeing her smile when she sees me come in to pick her up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Amy
- I am 30 years old, am a microbiologist with a PhD and love looking after my little farm. I compete in dressage and showjumping with my horses. I have a passion for shopping and a weakness for pretty clothes, shoes and handbags. My husband and I have a gorgeous toddler called Elka and a little bub named Bronte. I am a mother who works and has a career - just don't call me a "working mother". I don't do inside hobbies and craft and have only successfully sewn two things in my life that weren't ripped horserugs. The scientist in me makes me a little cynical and I am more likely to tell you about my life and events then give you a pretty polaroid style picture and an inspiring quote. Not for everyone but I have a bad memory and blogging is my way of recording life :)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(139)
-
▼
February
(17)
- Who would have thought..
- Four years of love and laughs and lots of firsts
- Elka's 8 month update
- Hi Ho Hi Ho...
- Dressing a Mum
- birthdays and first days
- Tea time
- Be my Valentine
- Old hair, new hair
- Sensible shoes
- Homebrand
- My blog spot
- Swimming
- A little emotional..
- I shopped until I dropped
- TV Head
- just a little *proud* post
-
▼
February
(17)
Blogs I Love
-
-
-
The blog is closing5 months ago
-
Mr Squiggle, Canberra7 months ago
-
Hungry Hippos!1 year ago
-
RAFFLE4 years ago
-
-
Eleven6 years ago
-
-
-
-
-
Blue And White Kitchen Cabinets8 years ago
-
-
-
Dress and coat9 years ago
-
-
35 weeks, 35 books10 years ago
-
DIY \\ Giant pom pom chunky knit hat10 years ago
-
2015 – The Wrap10 years ago
-
Week 50 7.12 – 13.1110 years ago
-
Week 510 years ago
-
Welcome to Matilda's Life Stories...10 years ago
-
-
Road Wars (2015) Online streaming10 years ago
-
Cherchez la femme — Feminism and Birth11 years ago
-
-
teneal-thegirlmostlikely11 years ago
-
looking up11 years ago
-
Den længste dag (1962) Fuld Film Streaming11 years ago
-
The year with the Royal Family 201411 years ago
-
-
Best Wall Paint Colour Ireland11 years ago
-
2 years since my last update!11 years ago
-
Art Walk12 years ago
-
Europe Magic12 years ago
-
Lime Cheesecake in the Raw12 years ago
-
Close to two years on ...12 years ago
-
White Out12 years ago
-
Cheap Backpacks12 years ago
-
-
Metaphors are fun13 years ago
-
-
This is 4 and 11/12's: The Tooth Fairy13 years ago
-
Of Vice and Frenchmen13 years ago
-
Happy New Year!13 years ago
-
Christmas flea & a new venture...13 years ago
-
Life gets in the way13 years ago
-
Archer's Christening13 years ago
-
-
I know I am biased ....13 years ago
-
she had to get out14 years ago
-
Shopaholic14 years ago
-
Turning Thirty14 years ago
-
Miss Goodie Two Shoes custom orders14 years ago
-
-
Garden Mojo14 years ago
-
-
I confess...15 years ago
-
The time came15 years ago
-
stylish blogger award15 years ago
-
2010 Aria Awards Red Carpet15 years ago
-
You are in the wrong spot!15 years ago
-
Up, up and away!16 years ago
-
-
what a great day!16 years ago
-
Internet Habits16 years ago
-
Sorry.16 years ago
-
Where Am I??16 years ago
-
19 Minutes ... And counting!16 years ago
-
Grand Final Fever!16 years ago
-
Every once in a while . . .17 years ago
-
Happy 1st Birthday!17 years ago
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

5 comments:
It is lovely hearing what I have in store for my little daughter Zoe. Zoe is 4 months old now and is really interactive now. To think that in another 4 months she will be crawling around, standing in her cot and saying her first words, just amazes me.
It seems you have the perfect baby there, Amy. She is learning so fast and she seems to be loving every minute of it.
Yeah Alicia - the amount they change in such short time is just AMAZING! The next 4 months for Zoe will be great - they start doing so many different things :)
Thanks Lyds :)
xoxo
She is just gorgeous Amy!!!
You have a very beautiful little girl there!
Post a Comment