Friday, 6 February 2009
I did.. we not only ended up hitting DFO but also headed down the coast and visited Harbour Town too. Was a fun day hanging out with Elka and my mum, except that is for the moment when the bloody underside of the 4WD decided to drop down on the motorway when I was doing 100kms an hour!!! You can imagine the noise that made. I was also wearing a short skirt and high heels which wasn't optimal attire for crawling around under the front a car..

but all is well that ends well (we pulled the metal guard off that had come adrift and I went bolt shopping this morning so that we can put it back on again - permantantly this time!). Elka was a little angel despite us being out for nearly 12 hours (we went through with late night shopping and dinner) and I got some lovely bargains and still have cash left in my wallet for more shopping. Notably absent from my purchases are the ballet flats that I actually needed - I did find some suitable but they lacked the little finishes I like - I am a sucker for a cute buckle or a bow etc and these just had a twist of leather.. so I will keep searching :)

Witchery gray woollen dress with belt and front pleat
SO elegant on - a lady in the store saw me try it on and came over to comment. Perfect for the freezing air conditioning in the labs at work - will be cute for auturm with my black long boots..




Witchery singlet, Forever New skirt
love the colours :)


Tony Bianco heels - really comfy and pretty hot!



So I was right in predicting that Forever New and Witchery were my most likely spots for purchases! And even better - that whole stash gave me change out of $100. I love my outlet shopping ;)

0 comments:

About Me

My Photo
Amy
I am 30 years old, am a microbiologist with a PhD and love looking after my little farm. I compete in dressage and showjumping with my horses. I have a passion for shopping and a weakness for pretty clothes, shoes and handbags. My husband and I have a gorgeous toddler called Elka and a little bub named Bronte. I am a mother who works and has a career - just don't call me a "working mother". I don't do inside hobbies and craft and have only successfully sewn two things in my life that weren't ripped horserugs. The scientist in me makes me a little cynical and I am more likely to tell you about my life and events then give you a pretty polaroid style picture and an inspiring quote. Not for everyone but I have a bad memory and blogging is my way of recording life :)
View my complete profile

Blogs I Love

Followers

I'm a Blog This member
inspiring and connecting with Australian Bloggers.

Photobucket

Spech and I

Spech and I