Friday, 13 February 2009
Was most definitely time for a pamper so I left a screaming baby with Jase as soon as he got home from work last night (screaming as he walked through a doorway holding her and forgot her head was sticking out one side - good work Dad!) and headed to my salon for a loooonnng session.

It was time for a change - my hair has been a little too red in the base colour and the foils have been too light... so I have revisited the deep chocolate base with caramel lowlights. I havent had this colour since my wedding four years ago. Its fun - it brings out my eyes and is a great excuse to wear more make-up. However, if I let myself get too pale, it can look a little goth. So it pays to steer away from alot of black for the first week or so when the colour is very intense..

So we have the before...


and the after



Its pouring today and bubba and I are going stir crazy from a quiet week. When my friend cancelled on our bub play date this morning, I threw bubs in the car and we headed to DFO for some time away from the farm and some exercise wandering around the shops... I treated us to lunch and grabbed a few bargains whilst I was at it. A lovely plum top from Cue - I keep hearing that plum is going to be the big colour for winter. I love it anyway and it looks great with all my work greys and blacks. And I grabbed a lovely soft cream scarf - I am keen to start incorporating a neck scarf into some of my plainer outfits. Elka had a fantastic time people watching and has come home all giggly. How can I not shop when it makes my little girl so happy ;)

4 comments:

Leila said...

That looks gorgeous! Very sophisticated.

Chantelle {fat mum slim} said...

Beautiful! :)

Simone said...

love your new do.

i don't want to think about winter just yet though, please!!!!

Amy said...

aww thanks guys!

LOL simone - winter is not "real" winter anyway ;)

About Me

My Photo
Amy
I am 30 years old, am a microbiologist with a PhD and love looking after my little farm. I compete in dressage and showjumping with my horses. I have a passion for shopping and a weakness for pretty clothes, shoes and handbags. My husband and I have a gorgeous toddler called Elka and a little bub named Bronte. I am a mother who works and has a career - just don't call me a "working mother". I don't do inside hobbies and craft and have only successfully sewn two things in my life that weren't ripped horserugs. The scientist in me makes me a little cynical and I am more likely to tell you about my life and events then give you a pretty polaroid style picture and an inspiring quote. Not for everyone but I have a bad memory and blogging is my way of recording life :)
View my complete profile

Blogs I Love

Followers

I'm a Blog This member
inspiring and connecting with Australian Bloggers.

Photobucket

Spech and I

Spech and I