Wednesday, 4 February 2009
So I have been watching a lot of Gossip Girl recently. I love the fashions (who wouldnt!). Check out the Live Journal in my favourite links- its worth a look! And Blair's hairstyles reminded me just how much I love my scarf. Of course I have more than one scarf but "my" scarf was bought in the markets in Florence, Italy when we backpacked around Europe a few years ago.. and I love the memory as much as I love the colour of the scarf - its quite Pucci.

So I dug it out to wear today and its making me happy :)


Now its not very Blair on me - its much more LC from The Hills. Its hard to channel NY sophistication in a humid Queensland summer looking after a baby (for example I just got a poo leak on my top LOL!). However I am looking forward to work as I love the challenge of cute work outfits and I have stocked my wardrobe with some devine blouses and some sharp new trousers and a lovely pencil skirt with high belt. So I may get some Gossip Girl prep back into my outfits soon..

In the meanwhile, I need new ballet flats for work (OHS requires covered shoes with minimal heels - such a drag!, so its off to DFO tomorrow for me - stay tuned! I am feeling the itch to grab some pretty new tops too - I have my eye on Forever New and Witchery :)

2 comments:

stepforddreams said...

You look great in your scarf! How do you get it to stay in place, mine always slide back so I end up looking like one of those freaky exclusive brethren types.

Amy said...

hehe! Love the brethren image!

I use lots of bobby pins just behind my ear - I pin them in both directions ie with my hair and against. Hope that makes sense?

I think some scarves slip if they are slinky material too? That one is a roughish texture which seems to grip :)

xoxo

About Me

My Photo
Amy
I am 30 years old, am a microbiologist with a PhD and love looking after my little farm. I compete in dressage and showjumping with my horses. I have a passion for shopping and a weakness for pretty clothes, shoes and handbags. My husband and I have a gorgeous toddler called Elka and a little bub named Bronte. I am a mother who works and has a career - just don't call me a "working mother". I don't do inside hobbies and craft and have only successfully sewn two things in my life that weren't ripped horserugs. The scientist in me makes me a little cynical and I am more likely to tell you about my life and events then give you a pretty polaroid style picture and an inspiring quote. Not for everyone but I have a bad memory and blogging is my way of recording life :)
View my complete profile

Blogs I Love

Followers

I'm a Blog This member
inspiring and connecting with Australian Bloggers.

Photobucket

Spech and I

Spech and I