Wednesday, 29 December 2010
I am really feeling the march of time at the moment. Could be because I am only 1.5 months off the big three-oh, could be because my first baby reminds me nearly everyday with her antics that she is a little girl not an infant or toddler anymore or could possibly be because my last little bub has at almost 7 months old decided to wean herself and embrace drinking from a bottle so that she can watch the world go by rather than stare at a boob.

Fortunately, as old as all this makes me feel, it is a nice sort of old feeling. I feel contented and ready to move into our next stage. I am ready to be a mum of kids rather than babies and pregnant bellies. I miss my crazy fun uni days but I love that my husband and I are more senior at work and are past the stage of scrimping and saving for things. And I am excited for what the next decade will bring us as far as travel, experiences and lovely things.

And I am proud of my wonderful breastfeending relationship with both my girls but now that it has passed, I am so damn excited to get to wear nice lingerie again and to dress in clothes where I don't have to consider access to my chest! Definitely the silver lining.

And just look at my big girl - who at 2.5 has graduated to a big girl bike courtesy of Santa and has blown me away by mastering it in an hour.

When I see her ride past the window, pedalling away and singing to herself, my heart swells with love and pride but also pangs a little with the realisation that she is never going to be my tiny helpless bub again.

Parenting and life in general can be such an oxymoron!

5 comments:

Deb said...

Our girls are getting so big, aren't they? I've actually been commenting on it to Russ lately, she's such a little girl now *sniff*

Love Elka's bike. Jem has to wait until her birthday to get hers. I don't think she would be that co-ordinated yet :)

Kellyansapansa said...

I wonder, if we had the ability to stop time (or at least slow it down), would we really want to? I'd always be wondering if I was going to miss out on something realy cool that was just coming up!

Unknown said...

I share these feelings as well Amy but they are balanced wit the fact that I am enjoying each stage she moves through more than the earlier stage she was in!

Mammamusing said...

Wow that is a very cool bike.

Doesn't time just fly by!

Lish said...

I am so with you on the looking forward to nice underwear and clothes that don't require booby access - I can't wait!! Although it is still a while off for me - oh well a girl can dream!

About Me

My Photo
Amy
I am 30 years old, am a microbiologist with a PhD and love looking after my little farm. I compete in dressage and showjumping with my horses. I have a passion for shopping and a weakness for pretty clothes, shoes and handbags. My husband and I have a gorgeous toddler called Elka and a little bub named Bronte. I am a mother who works and has a career - just don't call me a "working mother". I don't do inside hobbies and craft and have only successfully sewn two things in my life that weren't ripped horserugs. The scientist in me makes me a little cynical and I am more likely to tell you about my life and events then give you a pretty polaroid style picture and an inspiring quote. Not for everyone but I have a bad memory and blogging is my way of recording life :)
View my complete profile

Blogs I Love

Followers

I'm a Blog This member
inspiring and connecting with Australian Bloggers.

Photobucket

Spech and I

Spech and I