Friday, 21 January 2011






It hasn't been easy to finish off our house extension considering it basically did not stop raining since our builders hand over in Mid-November. Hence why I still have so much exterior painting, timber staining and concrete painting yet to go. We also have the little matter of a whole lot of driveway landscaping and some post and rail fencing to go in along the front of the deck for the horses (who are loving the temporary fencing to lean through to get the green grass on the other side, of course), which will also have dog wire on it to complete the kid-proof yard fencing so they can't get to the dam etc.

But despite the bad weather, Jase did manage to whip up the first of many retaining walls/planter boxes that will break up the slope between the carport and the bottom bit of yard (where the pool will eventually go). He is getting pretty handy considering he has never lived on land before and works in an office :)

I planted in the hedge of golden canes and lugged umpteen wheelbarrows of soil down from our top level gardens in sloppy mud and rain, fun times! It was nice to sit back on the deck and enjoy the view when it was all done.

So three weeks of holidays for Jase wasn't completely wasted from a farm work perspective! (yes I am a slave driver)

The hill dropping from the carport before.

The new planter box/retaining wall. There will be a second level of longer retaining wall put in futher down the slope at some point...

3 comments:

Lish said...

It is looking really good Amy - your husband did a fantastic job.

Amy said...

I love your new house!

Mel said...

Love it! Awesome job by Jase - hopefully he had a wine/beer after it was all done. ;)

Loving the idea of a pool down the bottom of that area - spoilt much?! :)

About Me

My Photo
Amy
I am 30 years old, am a microbiologist with a PhD and love looking after my little farm. I compete in dressage and showjumping with my horses. I have a passion for shopping and a weakness for pretty clothes, shoes and handbags. My husband and I have a gorgeous toddler called Elka and a little bub named Bronte. I am a mother who works and has a career - just don't call me a "working mother". I don't do inside hobbies and craft and have only successfully sewn two things in my life that weren't ripped horserugs. The scientist in me makes me a little cynical and I am more likely to tell you about my life and events then give you a pretty polaroid style picture and an inspiring quote. Not for everyone but I have a bad memory and blogging is my way of recording life :)
View my complete profile

Blogs I Love

Followers

I'm a Blog This member
inspiring and connecting with Australian Bloggers.

Photobucket

Spech and I

Spech and I